Wednesday 1 April 2020

Easy Bird Tutorial


I adore this simple, little bird shape and you will too. Practice on a little piece of paper first if you prefer. You can even cut out a template to use and paints loads!!!!

You will need:
  • A rock
  • Paint / paint pen of your chosen colours
  • Yellow for the beak
  • Black paint / paint pen for outline and eye
  • Thin brush if you don't have a paint pen

1.  Sketch your bird outline, a wing and a beak

 

2.  Base coat in the shape
I knew this rock was going to be dark so I added a base coat in the shape only. The base coat of the wing is a different colour so I don't forget where it goes.


3. Start painting in your chosen colour
The main body, wing and beak. You might need to add a few more layers if you haven't added enough of the base colour to the rock



4. Outline your bird, add legs and feet


5. Add an eye
I also added some simple flowers to surround my bird, you can do this too, I just used little blobs of paint / a paint pen


6. Add outline to the wing
I have chosen to add a dotted outline to the wing on this bird, but you can add a line of you prefer


Add text on the reverse of your rock
  • If you need help with this, click here
  • Allow to dry.
Seal your rock.
If you need help creating and sharing rocks, here are some previous publications that can help you:
Check out the FAQ and, if it's not there, ask on the Facebook group, we'll all be happy to help!

For a full list of tutorials, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.