Wednesday 1 April 2020

Finger Painted Ant Tutorial


This cute little fingerpainted ant is sure to bring a smile to anyone's face. It's simple for little fingers too, although, as it's black paint, it can be messy.

You will need:
  • A rock
  • Black paint
  • A thin paintbrush or paint pen (I've used brown here to make is easier to see, although, I wish I hadn't)
  • White paint, for the eyes
  • Tissues etc to clean your hands
To make this tutorial event easier, I'm going to minimise the amount of text and rely on the images.

Dip your finger in the black paint, or whatever colour you'd like your ant to be, and add blobs.  Try and make them different sizes or, for the abdomen, use two blobs close together.

1. Head


2. Thorax


3. Abdomen


4. Outline the body parts
I used a brown paint pen, but I wish I'd used another colour now.



5. Add facial features
I used a white dot for the eye and added a little smile


6. Add antennae



7. Then add some legs


Add text on the reverse of your rock
  • If you need help with this, click here
  • Allow to dry.
Seal your rock.
If you need help creating and sharing rocks, here are some previous publications that can help you:
Check out the FAQ and, if it's not there, ask on the Facebook group, we'll all be happy to help!

For a full list of tutorials, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.